Русский
Форум Простой Церкви
Добро пожаловать, Гость
Пожалуйста Вход или Регистрация.    Забыли пароль?
Teachers and the Simple Church
(1 чел.) 1 Гость
Вниз
Сообщения темы: Teachers and the Simple Church
MiD
Юниор
Постов: 16
graphgraph
Пользователь в оффлайне Кликните здесь, чтобы посмотреть профиль этого пользователя
Teachers and the Simple Church 10 г., 8 мес. назад Репутация: 1
This probably has been discussed, but still...

What should be the role of the teacher (Rom. 12:7, Eph. 4:11) in the simple church?

The materials on the simple church use the term "facilitator" and emphasize his role just as the one directing and moderating the meeting. Teachers on the other hand are described as travelling from one group to another, serving here and there.

I had seen one meeting where people discussed the difference between the "kingdom of heaven" and the "kingdom of God" in the Gospels for a long time and found a lot of differences. And there was none among them to say that the "kingdom of heaven" is used by Matthew where the other writers used the "kingdom of God", since he was writing to the Jews who were sensitive to the name and the word God.

Shouldn't there be someone more mature, who could say "this is what the Bible teaches", instead of pooling each others' ignorance?

Зарегистрирован Зарегистрирован
  Для добавления сообщений Вы должны зарегистрироваться или авторизоваться
JesusFollower
Эксперт
Постов: 118
graphgraph
Пользователь в оффлайне Кликните здесь, чтобы посмотреть профиль этого пользователя
Re:Teachers and the Simple Church 10 г., 8 мес. назад Репутация: 0
MiD
Good question. I have lots of thoughts, but let me quickly respond with how I understand this.

When Paul( and other apostles) preached the gospel in a new place , and disciples were made, and new churches sprang up right in the harvest, Paul stayed with the church for a period of time to found them in the truth. Though we speak of participartory meetings, this does not mean that older more mature believers do not teach the younger believers.

It is interesting that besides the word ekklessia(assembly or gathering), there is another word used when the church gathered for special teaching and equipping. It is the word ergon. This word is used for example when Paul gathered the church for a lengthy teaching, and the brother fell out the window. The idea I am trying to convey is there is certainly a time for equipping and teaching in the church by those who have a gift of teaching and who are more mature in the Lord.

My belief is that as we see simple churches multiplying and reproducing rapidly in the harvest, they will certainly have a period of time early in their history where there will likely not be elders in the church(see Titus 1) and there will not be mature leaders functioning in the Ephesians 4 giftings. I think in many cases, those gifted as described in Ephesians 4 will help equip in a network of simple churches within a city. In other words, there is the sense of things that we see in the NT where there was the “church in the city” expressed in multiple house churches. Maybe not every house/simple church has a gifted teacher, but there are gifted teachers within the city using their gift to equip the believers in the city.

It is hard to express all my thoughts on this in a concise way. Hope what I shared makes sense.

MiD
Юниор
graphgraph
RE: Re:Teachers and the Simple Church 10 г., 8 мес. назад Репутация: 1
Dear JesusFollower, thank you for your thoughts on the subject.

If I got him right, Neil Cole in his writings emphasizes decentralized movement of loosely (if at all) connected autonomous (self-governed) simple churches. In his Organic Church book he describes the situation, when he found the church in their neighborhood he never knew about, although it was a descendant of some church that he has started.

I guess the question now is how to build the links between the churches in such a way that it would not undermine their independence, would not look like any type of hierarchy, yet give the opportunity to keep track of who’s where for the sake of (say) a gifted teacher doing the teaching of several of these groups, or organizing them for other common event.

Don’t we come back to the cell-church model (sort of like G12)? Core values are the same both in simple church and the cell church (the life of the Body), yet the structure is different, don’t you think?

Any input on how to structure a healthy network of simple churches?

MiD
Юниор
graphgraph
Teachers and the Simple Church 10 г., 8 мес. назад Репутация: 1
Dear JesusFollower,

You wrote: “besides the word ekklessia (assembly or gathering), there is another word used when the church gathered for special teaching and equipping. It is the word ergon. This word is used for example when Paul gathered the church for a lengthy teaching, and the brother fell out the window.”

I tried to find the word in the passage, then in the whole of Acts but failed to see it in the meaning of a meeting. In every passage it seems to have the meaning “work”. Could it be that you meant the word “homilea” (Strongs #3656 Acts 20:11)?

Just wanted to make sure if I got you right or it was a typo. If you really meant “ergon”, could you please direct me to the appropriate passages?

JesusFollower
Эксперт
Постов: 118
graphgraph
Re:Teachers and the Simple Church 10 г., 8 мес. назад Репутация: 0
Sorry. I was not clear enough on that. You are right the word ergon is a word for "the work" or apostolic ministry(Acts 13:2, 14:26, 15:38). The work when used in this way is of more a regional nature, not just local.

My point is that we are so accustomed to the idea of a sermon that we think it has to be the central part of any church meeting. People often use Paul's example to show why we should have sermons in the church meeting. What Paul was doing was equipping. It was "the work"(ergon). What he was doing went beyond the regular gathering of the local church(ekklessia).

In my opinion the local church should regularly have opportunity for participartory meetings, but also needs times of equipping and teaching that can be accomplished by gifted people within the local church or by gifted people that work on a regional level.

MiD
Юниор
graphgraph
RE: Re:Teachers and the Simple Church 10 г., 8 мес. назад Репутация: 1
Dear JesusFollower,

Thank you for clarification. Speaking of sermons, couple days ago I stumbled upon the article “Discovering Interactive Teaching” by Brian Anderson, so I think I understand what you’re talking about (and agree to it, too).

Our church is on the verge of multiplication from one group. We try to cultivate core values of the life of the body shared both by the cell churches and organic churches. What I was pondering is the relationship between the multiplying groups. The G12 model seemed close to my heart, but then I was introduced to Neil Cole’s books and the whole concept of Organic Churches with the ultimately decentralized structure (if you can even call it a structure). So I’m trying to figure how exactly Neil sees the interaction between multiple related churches.

So I’m trying to decide how to build these relationships right from the first time (so it would be less problems to fix in every multiplied group in the future). Got any wisdom on this?

God bless you and happy New Year (if I’m not mistaken)

Вверх
RocketTheme Joomla Templates